Friday 18 May 2012

More digital paintings

I'm still trying to get to grips with the fine art of digital painting. It's good fun and I think I'm making progress thanks to the tutorials in Imagine FX magazine. Here are my two latest efforts. I found a great shot of the young Orson Welles (I'm a huge fan of the huge man) and fancied trying a speed painting of it in an hour. It was a few minutes over the hour but possible in that time as I was working in black and white which speeds things up a bit. Then after seeing George Parkin's Facebook posting about seeing Elvis Costello live I got the idea for the other one. I've long been a fan of the Boris Karloff version of Frankenstein's monster so this was a good excuse to paint him. I was hoping to bash this one out in a couple of hours but it took most of the day. Anyway, I was quite pleased with it so I think I'm making progress. More tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment