Monday 7 May 2012

Digital dabblings

This morning I did another digital speed painting. It took an hour an a half and is a caricature of the Twilight saga actor Taylor Lautner. This is my third speed painting and about my seventh digital painting overall. The advantage of the speed painting exercises are that you have no time to get bogged down in irrelevant details you just have to bang on with it. It's a great way to learn and it doesn't get in the way of other work and deadlines. I intend to carry on doing one a day until I've learned how to do it to my satisfaction or I'm bored shitless with it. Yesterday's subject was Liam Neason who I painted before watching him in a great film called The Grey last night. It's about wolves so maybe wolves are becoming an unconcious theme for some reason. There was also a wolf in the caricature I did of Amanda Seyfried. Hmmm. Well I am very hairy. Awoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

No comments:

Post a Comment