Thursday 19 April 2012

Drawings of King Ian

I had a very arty day yesterday.
I'm back in grey old Blighty after three weeks in sunny Palma where I was working in my little flat.
I still can't find any life drawing groups in Mallorca so I was glad to get back to some scribbling at Jake's Thursday lunchtime session. The model was Ian who played the role of the King in Jake's wonderful Grimm's Fairy Tales inspired drawing event a couple of months ago. Here are my best efforts.
On the way there I was shat on by a seagull. In over 25 years in Brighton this has only happened a couple of times and is generally regarded as a good luck token. So fingers crossed!
Last night I attended the Brighton Illustration Group's 6 by 6 event where I was one of the six artists talking about their work and influences. Harry Venning (of Clare in the Community fame) stole the show with is hilarious demonstration of how to become a cartoonist.  And a fabulous fun event it was!

No comments:

Post a Comment