Tuesday 29 January 2013

The Mighty Dave!

Last night I battled through the howling wind and rain with two colleagues, Nadia Gunning and her sister Rowy to attend the life drawing session at the Farm Tavern pub here in Brighton. Nadia and Rowy hadn't been to the class before and professed to be total beginners although their drawings impressed everyone and certainly didn't look like the work of beginners.
The session is hosted by the wonderful Rachel Mortimer who will give tuition if required and makes us do interesting and difficult things like drawing with the wrong hand and drawing without looking at the paper!
Our model was the fabulously sinewy Dave (I think! Apologies if I've got his name wrong.) who struck a series of dramatic, heroic poses and held them like a statue. My best efforts are below. A very enjoyable session and I hope the two "beginners" come again.

No comments:

Post a Comment